DaVinci Storyteller Recap, Pt 1

cypress-trees-vineyard-davinci-italy-storytellers-tuscany

A shot of cypress trees surrounding one of the vineyards.

 

Today has been my first opportunity to really give you a look at what I’ve been up to in Italy all week. Below is a brief recap of day 1.

By choosing to click and read this blog post, you confirm you are of legal drinking age in the country where this site is accessed.

The week has been a very busy one, but I’m happy to have a chance to share some photos and stories about my experiences so far as a DaVinci Wine Storyteller.

First of all, the Cantine Leonardo da Vinci is an absolutely gorgeous place to stay. The villa sits high atop a hill and is surrounded by the DaVinci vineyards in the Montalbano hills of the Chianti region of Tuscany.

Cantine-Leonardo-Davinci-landscape

Entrance to the Cantine.

 

From the first night we arrived, the food and wine has been outstanding and the people are all fantastic. Our first full day was spent touring the vineyards, tasting various DaVinci wines, eating incredible food, and making pizza and dessert with Chef Anna.

Pizza-bianca-wood-fired-oven-cantine-leonardo-davinci

Pizza bianca here is not what it is in the US. It’s simply pizza dough topped with lots of olive oil and salt.

It has been incredible to see, first-hand, where the grapes are grown and what it means to be producing Chianti. Many people assume that Chianti an old, stuffy, cheap wine but everything I have had here has been delicious. If you aren’t familiar with Chianti, it is a red wine that must be produced from grapes in the Chianti region of Tuscany. Chianti must be made with 75% Sangiovese grapes and the other 25% can be a blend of other Sangiovese or other types of wine – often Merlot.

I’ll be going into more detailed stories as I post more photos and, once I’ve returned, I will be working on a larger project about my experiences that I hope you will enjoy.

For more photos from my first day in Tuscany, visit my Facebook Page. And don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for slightly more frequent updates.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s